Ministry Boundaries Classes
- Posted by: kbutler64
- Posted: 1/2/2017
- Tags: News
- Tags: Events and Event Registration
- Tags: Resources and Links
Ethics and Boundaries in Ministry Class
The American Baptist Churches of Massachusetts will be offering a class on Ministry Boundaries twice in March.
- March 25, 10 AM-4 PM at their offices in Grotonwood
- March 30, 10 AM-4 PM at the Woodsville Baptist Church
Healthy boundaries are a gift. This workshop explores the meaning and practice of healthy boundaries in the context of ministry. It will also identify the signs, dangers, and preventions of boundary violations.
Here are just some of the issues that will be discussed:
- Power and Vulnerability
- Dating, Friendships, Dual Relationships, Gifts
- The Pulpit, Transference, Hugging and Touch, Intimacy
- Personal and Professional Health (Self-Care, Red Flags)
- Social Media
A “Healthy Boundaries” workshop is suggested for all persons in ministry; a “refresher” every five years is also recommended.
This class fulfills ABCCONN's Professional Ethics requirement needed for ordination and Ministerial Standing with our region; taking a "refresher" class every 5 years or so is also recommended for ALL persons in ministry.
There will be two opportunities to attend this 1-day workshop.
- March 25: At the Woodville Baptist Church (map)
- March 30: At the TABCOM "Center for Excellence" at Grotonwood (map)
The workshop will run from 9 a.m. to 6pm. The cost for the program materials and lunch is $50. To register and payment details, call the Center for Career Development at 603-943-7611.
The class is being hosted by TABCOM, the Conference of Ministers in MA and the Center for Career Development & Ministry.