Reopening Our Houses of Worship
- Posted by: harry-l-riggs
- Posted: 6/2/2020
- Tags: Local Church Ministries
- Tags: News
- Tags: Events and Event Registration
Please click here to view the latest newsletter re Reopening Our Houses of Worship.
Click to see the information about reopening our churches in Connecticut:
Please keep the following recommendations in mind:
- One size does not fit all. Each congregation will need to assess when to reopen and do what is best for them within the Federal, State, and CDC guidelines.
- Weigh your personal risk before you go back to church. If you are in a high-risk category you may want to sit out the first round of returning congregants.
- Churches should have a Re-entry Planning Team. These are people who can help with the thought process and implementation of the protocols that will be put in place.
- Just because we will be able to congregate again in our buildings, we would all do well to keep in mind that contractions of the virus are not going down. Therefore, do not be fooled that reopen means the crisis is over, because it is not over until we have a vaccine.
- Taking people’s temperature as a new welcoming ritual may be one of the new protocols put in place. Here is a link for Houses of worship to be able to secure a free infrared thermometer, one per church address. To request a free thermometer for your congregation, click here.